For more information on the cookies we use, or to change your cookie settings for this website, please read our Cookies policy
- What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files which are placed on the computer of a website user to provide the website operator with information about use of our site. They are used to enable websites to function or to provide information to the owners of a website.
Some cookies are deleted when you close down your browser. These are known as session cookies. Others remain on your device until they expire or you delete them from your cache. These are known as persistent cookies and enable us to remember things about you as a returning visitor.
To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org. Alternatively, you can search the internet for other independent information on cookies.
- Analytical purposes: Analytical cookies allow us to recognise, measure and track users of our site in anonymous form. The information collected includes the number of visitors to our site, where visitors have come to our site from and the pages that they have visited. This helps us to improve the way our site works, for example, by determining whether site visitors can find information easily, or by identifying the aspects of websites that are of the most interest to them.
- Usage preferences: Some of the cookies on our site are activated when visitors to our sites make a choice about their usage of our site. The site then ‘remembers’ the settings preferences of the user concerned. This allows us to tailor aspects of our site to the individual user.
- Functional purposes: Functional purpose cookies store information that is needed by our applications to process and operate. For example, where transactions or requests within an application involve multiple workflow stages, cookies are used to store the information from each stage temporarily, in order to facilitate completion of the overall transaction or request.
- Your cookie preferences
To make full use of our site, your computer or mobile device will need to accept cookies, as our site will not function properly without them. In addition, cookies are required in order to provide you with personalized features on our site.
- Third party cookies
- Amending cookie preferences
- Information we may collect from you
- information that you provide to us via our site;
- if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence and may record telephone calls for regulatory compliance and record keeping purposes; and
- details of your visits to our site and the materials and information that you access.
7. Use of your information
- We may use data held about you in the following ways:
to support your interaction with us, including to ensure that the content of our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer, to provide you with information or products you may have requested through our site, to notify you about changes to our site and to ensure the ongoing accuracy and relevance of such data;
- to carry out any security or other verification activities to ensure the proper operation of our site or to ensure compliance with our regulatory obligations;
- for general internal research purposes, including to identify and analyse the regularity of the use of our site and the nature of our site’s users; and
- to design products and services for your use.